Brooks Insurance Services FAQ
Brooks Insurance Services gets asked many questions on a regular basis. On this page you cna review the answers to the frequently asked questions we get. Don't hesitate to contact us with your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a quote for Insurance?
- Where can I find which carriers Brooks Insurance Services represents?
- Why doesn't everyone qualify for the best insurance rates?
- Who is the best insurance carrier?
- Why should I use an insurance broker or agent?
- When is the best time for me to apply for coverage?
- For many of the products we sell you can go to this site for quotes. Of course you can always call us directly at 713-429-1487 to discuss your insurance needs and secure a quote.
- Click here to learn more about the Health Insurance Carriers we represent.
- We represent many Long Term Care, Disability, and Life insurance carriers. We choose carriers for your insurance based on what is a good fit for your needs.
- Insurance requires underwriting. Aside from some some limited benefit granted issue policies, and select Medicare related policies, all other insurance requires an application which is underwritten by the insurance carriers. Outcomes can be approved as applied or a counter offer can be provided. The counter offer can be a higher premium or riders, or a combination of both. Of course those who do not meet the underwriting criteria for the specific carrier can have their application declined.
- There is no one answer for who is the best insurance carrier. We work with a number of different insurance carriers so we can pick the carrier which offers a good fit of coverage and price for your specific insurance needs. Within the same kind of insurance one person's needs may be different than another person's need leading to different insurance carriers being used.
- Insurance is a complicated product which is best bought with the assistance of a professional. For many insurance products the broker or agent is paid by the insurance company who issues the policy. When this is not the case a fee is negotiated ahead of the insurance shopping engagement.
- Because you are not paying any more to get the help of a broker or agent, it is typically in your best interest to access the knowledge of someone who deals in the insurance products you want. Because we are involved in these products on a daily basis we understand what you need to know about the policy. We also understand the differences between how various companies underwrite policies which can make a big difference in the cost of an issued policy.
- Brokers and Agents will also look out for you over the time of your relationship which in the case of health insurance policies where pricing changes year to year. Most brokers and agents will know what other carrier pricing is compared to where you are for a similar plan design and guide you to stay where you are or help you pick a different policy.
- The best time to apply for insurance is when you need the coverage. You need coverage before you need the benefits paid out, so call us to get a quote and get a policy set up now.
- Talk to an advisor for buying life insurance in Houston to find ways of leveraging the life insurance to cover more than just your death.